Download/View/Print the Ed Summer Brochure here.
BUILD OUR UNION – Fighting for the schools our students deserve.
Our union is looking for motivated, outgoing, and excited members to become part of our summer organizing program. Position qualifications include:
- Be a dues paying member of our union
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours for an entire 8 week program
Members will take the next step in developing organizing skills to build a strong, social justice union that advocates for the schools our students deserve.
Members will also conduct organizing conversations with members and potential members in order to:
- Recruit and engage members
- Identify issues around which to organize our union
- Identify leaders to become involved in the union
- Plan events for members and potential members
GET PAY AND EE EXPERIENCE – Receive a weekly stipend and EE Artifact
A 2-day training on Tuesday, July 10 and Wednesday, July 11 will be provided in the Milwaukee area with other summer organizers from around Wisconsin.
Organizers will be provided a weekly stipend of $600 for eight weeks starting the week of July 9 and ending the week of September 1. In addition, WEAC will provide the necessary support for organizers to use participation in this program towards Educator Effectiveness evaluation (in both Danielson or CESA6 frameworks).
DEVELOP ORGANIZING SKILLS – Take the next step in leading our union
Candidates interested in this position should possess the following:
- Comfort having conversations with fellow educators
- Skill in active listening
- Ability to ask good questions
- Motivation to organize for the schools our students deserve
Role and Responsibility:
Organizers will be expected to spend 20 hours per week performing organizing activities. These activities will include:
- One-on-one conversations
- Phone Banking
- Door-to-door canvassing
- Worksite visits
- Planning and executing events
- Weekly team meetings
- Attending new teacher orientation event(s)
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS June 12! APPLY TODAY AT www.bitly.com/EdSummer18WI
Please contact Kendra Koeppen at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.